Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Pool after a long stretch of record breaking heat.

1. Back To Top    #1

My Pool after a long stretch of record breaking heat.

The 100+ degree heat has finally ended in our area, so I thought I would share how my pool looked on the final day of it.

Yes we jumped in right after I took the pictures.

As always, thanks for the help and support from everyone on TFP.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Pool after a long stretch of record breaking heat.

Looks great westside Our break in temps came a day before yours...isn't it nice

Having a pool sure made this incredibly long hot streak more bearable.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Our house was really a popular spot during the warmer days! 14 or 15 people wasn't unusual in the afternoon.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm in Mesa Arizona. Temps of 105 and above are normal for 3+ months of the year. It's supposed to be 112 for the next few days. Woohoo!
    I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have a crystal clear pool. I'd be huddled inside all day by the A/C outlet. Not my idea of having fun.
    Thank goodness for the pool and you guys that show me how to take care of it correctly.
    Mesa Arizona. Old school 26,000 gallon in ground plaster pool with sand filter built in 1984.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mesamav
    I'm in Mesa Arizona. Temps of 105 and above are normal for 3+ months of the year. It's supposed to be 112 for the next few days. Woohoo!
    Is it a dry heat?
    With the humidity we had here, it was absolutely miserable.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah, the humidity was bad. I was helping a friend with his pool install and we were getting out of his air-conditioned van when the blast furnace hit me...my glasses fogged over as bad as they a ever have even when compared to coming inside in the winter (when it is below 0 outside).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by WestSidePool
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesamav
    Is it a dry heat?
    With the humidity we had here, it was absolutely miserable.
    Actually it is a dry heat. Even though the temps indicate it's a blast furnace, it really isn't bad, specially with a pool.
    On the 4th of July we had a temp of about 91 but with 70% humidity. I thought I was going to die. I'll take 110 with 5% or 10% humidity any day over the lower temps with high humidity.
    Mesa Arizona. Old school 26,000 gallon in ground plaster pool with sand filter built in 1984.

8. Back To Top    #8

I grew up in IL and definitely agree it is nice not to be wet just standing outside even though the temp might be 10-20 degrees higher.

Just starting the worst part of the year ... "monsoons" ... when the temps are still high and the humidity shoots up. Not uncommon to see 20+ degree temperature drop when the storms come in and the rains start though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

During the heat... it was probably about 100-102 when this was taken.

Most of the time I think of how nice a longer swim season would be in a place with dry heat. I'm thinking with the humidity we just had our 100+ degree days were worse than the average 105-110 in TX or AZ, etc.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]