Pool purchase overload

Jul 4, 2012
Wife and I decided to make the leap into an above ground. She grew up with one. I am not a handy man by any means. Reading through here leads me to believe I will need an electrician, a pool installer and someone to level the ground. Is it possible to find someone to handle everything and have one point of contact? We are looking at the following pool
http://www.watsons.com/catalog/product/view/id/16615/s/morada-30-x-54/category/816/
Can't seem to find any reviews on it though. I'm also a little fearful of big box store's installers. Any comments would be appreciated.

Usually the store installers are independents in that business anyway. You get good and bad.

Generally the ground levelling and pool setup will be the same crew, with an electrician brought in as a sub who will be contacted and paid by the main install crew, although the electrician may bill directly too.

Wilbur has a pretty solid reputation.

There's lots of video's online that demonstrate how the pool is installed. There should be companies in your area that will prep the site and install the pool, the electrical should be done by an electrician and that part can be expensive if it's a long run, anticipate that you need a dedicated circuit for the pool pump.
Also, don't forget that you'll need permits if you live in a municipality.

You may want to touch base with your insurance company to see if it affects your premium.

We seem to have this fear of pulling the trigger for fear of spending a decent amount of money and having poor quality. If it is something I know then I can watch and make sure but I could watch the whole install and not know if they made a fatal error so to speak.

The price online at Watsons includes their silver package. Still have to make a trip down their and figure out what that exactly is included.

One way to "ease" into above ground pools would be to get one of the larger Intex pools. You can get pretty large Intex pools for less than a similarly sized steel wall but if you have it for a few years and decide you don't like it, you are out less money. That being said, if you do like it, you will need (want?) to upgrade. If you had an electrician install a 20 Amp outlet and had a landscaper make a level pad using a small tractor, you might be able to get wet for less than $2000.

The pool you listed is a 30 foot round pool for 3000, you will need a larger pump and filter (I would suggest a better one than they typically "package" with the pool) and a ladder and the supplies required and you still need to same 20A outlet and tractor made, flat space (bigger than than most Intex) You could make a 33 foot flat area with power and buy the Intex and then you would be ready to upgrade when it was time.

I am not suggesting you not get the AG pool, I love mine, I am just suggesting a compromise and a way to try it with less financial risk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.