Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: UN1017

1. Back To Top    #1
    Sacramento, CA

Hello from Northern California!

I just needed to express thanks to everyone on TFP! My wife talked me into buying a house with a pool that needed some reviving. (mostly drained, stained, full of critters) At only 5 years old, it was sad to see someone neglect something that took a lot of money and work to create. Long story short...thanks to this site and my has been returned to its original glory! (maybe even better)

The last time I dealt with anything pool was almost 25 years ago, so I was a little apprehensive. Found a local pool guy to clean, fill and inspect it during the home purchase process and he did a great job. Unforturnately he costs over $100 a month. I wanted to do it myself....well.... because I can and it will save $$$. Next stop, my local nationwide chain pool store. Overall, a good experience. Probably only wasted money on a phosphate remover that I really didn't need. Last stop, Trouble Free Pool. In the spring, I threw in my salt and fired up my SWG and ordered a TF-100. My family is now swimming in a fantastic pool.

There is only one drawback. My wife makes fun of me on Sunday nights when the TF-100 and the SpeedStir come out to play. She just doesn't understand.
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: UN1017

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Welcome to TFP!

Clever username and avatar. For those who are not familar, UN1017 is the international hazmat designation for molecular chlorine gas.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

Welcome to TFP.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

New Caney, Texas

18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School