Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC20 not reading on intelitouch

1. Back To Top    #1

IC20 not reading on intelitouch

Just replaced to IC20 cell but it does not show data nor can i adjust the output level on the intelitouch pad. The cell is working. I don't think the old cell worked with the remote either. I see the wires going to the intelitouch control panel from the cell power supply outside.

Can someone point me in the right direction or have an idea?
    14,000 Pebble Sheen Salt Water Pool All Pentair Equipment/ Cartridge Filter, 400K BTU Heated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IC20 not reading on intelitouch

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Depending on the age of your intellitouch, there was an issue with the communications board (RS485). The details escape me at the moment, but a call to Pentair tech support should give you some guidance.

In the meantime, you can verify that all 4 of the communication wires are intact and snugly connected (they have an annoying habit of picking up some corrosion at the terminal block inside the box, behind the board)
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool was installed 2006. I will double check the connections. The panel tells me no errors. 0 salt and shows the % output but any adjustment does not appear do do anything.
    14,000 Pebble Sheen Salt Water Pool All Pentair Equipment/ Cartridge Filter, 400K BTU Heated.

5. Back To Top    #5

Alright this might be a very simple problem. Is it me or are the data wires completely missing? I am not sure once I get the wires where to put them. I assume the open COM port in the bottom left?
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

Fixed! I used the old spa remote wire that you can see in the pic just hanging. Now I am not limited to 20/40/60/80/100% on the cell and I see my salt reading.