Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Sock Pulling Skimmer Basket Through Ring

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer Sock Pulling Skimmer Basket Through Ring

Hey folks,

I want to use skimmer socks, but I've got this issue where after a few hours of the skimmer sock being on, the pressure becomes so great that the skimmer basket somehow forces it's way through the plastic ring that holds it up and it drops to the bottom of the skimmer.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, what were you doing to prevent the skimmer basket from dropping?

Thanks
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer Sock Pulling Skimmer Basket Through Ring

The skimmer sock may just be causing too much resistance to flow. If you cannot dial the flow down to that skimmer, you may have to forego the skimmer sock. Do you have a floor drain? If so, can you increase the flow to the floor drain so that the skimmer doesn't pull so much water?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Skimmer Sock Pulling Skimmer Basket Through Ring

That's definitely the case. I'm just surprised it's not a more common problem. No floor drain so I might have to rig something up to prevent it.
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain