My wife and I are going to be building a new in ground pool. We have decided it will be rectangular so we can put in an auto cover for safety. Assuming it is going to be 20 x 40 with an 8 foot deep end, can you please help me design it? Things like:
1) how many skimmers
2) how many drains and how would you protect against the main drain problem
3) how many returns
4) will go with a DE filter but may need to go with a silk screen reservoir for back washing since I am nestled in a protected forestation region and may not be able to drain water
5) what size pump would I need
6) would go with a heat pump heater to extend the swimming season (probably with cooling options since the auto cover will help to heat the pool)
7) probably go with a salt water generator for chlorine
8) will probably go with an auto cleaner that uses a booster line which one would you choose (may go with an infloor cleaner)
9) will go with gunite or shotkrete - any thoughts
10) may go with pebble tec
11) any other considerations
The items I have indicate are maybes will depend on what you guys tell me and what costs start adding upto.
Thanks a lot.
stupid auto corrector infloor not indoor