Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need advice for new sand filter /pump

1. Back To Top    #1

need advice for new sand filter /pump

New AGP this year, 15' round 52" deep 5000 gal
    currently using a " GAME Sandpro 75 sand filter / pump which has a constant leak around the top ring
    which seems to be a common problem.......... the ring and gasket has already been changed twice and its leaking again.

Im looking at poolsuppliescanada.com as im in Ontario, Canada

any suggestions ?
    i was looking at the Hydropro 19" for $139 + $28 shipping and using the existing 3/4hp pump ?
    any preference for Hayward over Hydropro ?
    2012 new 15' x 52" round sharkline above ground, DIY installed & BBB maintained. 3/4hp with 19" 150lb sand filter, 4 x 20 sungrabber solar heater. DIY solid piped.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need advice for new sand filter /pump

Quote Originally Posted by repsolal
    i was looking at the Hydropro 19" for $139 + $28 shipping and using the existing 3/4hp pump ?
    That should work well for your pool (though I don't know what pump that is on the sand pro).

Quote Originally Posted by repsolal
    any preference for Hayward over Hydropro ?
    I am not familiar with hydropro, but sand filters pretty much work the same way, so either should work.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: need advice for new sand filter /pump

The new filter arrived the next day and i hooked it up the next day.
    Seems like a decent unit for the price. Local pool ripoff store only had a jacuzzi 19" in stock and wanted $368 for it
    when poolsuppliescanada had it for $209 ! so im glad i ordered online.
    The sandpro pump was connected to the filter with a 1 1/4" flexible hose, I used the old pump but connected
    it to the new hydropro filter with 1 1/2" PVC pipe........... the difference in the pressure at the return is amazing !
    If I open the valve for the fountain wide open it actually spurts right over the pool and onto the lawn at the other side !
    with the existing setup it did not reach the other side at all !
    2012 new 15' x 52" round sharkline above ground, DIY installed & BBB maintained. 3/4hp with 19" 150lb sand filter, 4 x 20 sungrabber solar heater. DIY solid piped.