What do i need?

wyntyrose

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Phenix City, AL
Well we are moved into our new to us home. Love having a pool, but the previous owners left no pool items. I bought a pole and a leaf bag/catcher and a nylon brush. I know a vacuum is what we need but I have no clue what I need to get. Is it just a hose with a vacuum attachment or something more? Test kit is on its way! Is the vacuum something I can get at the pool store if I tell them what i have?

Welcome to the forum. :lol:
Is it just a hose with a vacuum attachment or something more?
It can be as simple as a hose and vacuum head or it can be a whole lot more complex.

You certainly need something to get the dirt out of your pool. Because you're learning, I would suggest you make the minimum investment and get the hose and vacuum head....either at a pool store (don't let them sell you anything else) or online.

It is easy to use and will always have some use even if you upgrade to the autovacs that are available. There is an article in Pool School about autovacs.

we are going to go tomorrow and get a vacuum and a hose. I see in the video's online they show a plate (?) that fits into the skimmer box when using the hose. is this something i can replace at the pool store as I have no clue what brand that is? I should be happy it is brand new liner and SWG. Now if I only could figure out how long to run the filter as right now it is running 24/7. Not going to like our first electric bill I imagine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.