Our Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System has died. After several days of trying to troubleshot/fix the unit, our water has already begun to turn green.
A new one is on its way, but it will be two more days before the new unit is here. So my questions to the forum are:
Will we be able to use the “boost” mode on our new unit and get rid of the ever growing green/algae?
Or would it be safe to shock the pool in the interim with regular pool chorine granules?
Does adding chlorine and then using the saltwater system again affect the pool or the saltwater unit?
Do the “chemicals” that I will be adding remain in the pool, or do they dissipate?
Thanks in advance for any advice an one can offer.