New to TFP and need help please!

You're reading the temporary pool startup. That's a very good way to start a small pool. If you're using the pool calculator to figure the amounts then they'll be pretty close. If you're not, then you should be. :-D

Bama Rambler said:
You're reading the temporary pool startup. That's a very good way to start a small pool. If you're using the pool calculator to figure the amounts then they'll be pretty close. If you're not, then you should be. :-D

Yes, I'm reading the pool start up article in Pool School. I repaired the hole in my pool yesterday, and am giving it some time to make sure it's dry before I fill it back up. As soon as I have it up, I will test the water and post the results, but I know I will have to add chlorine/beach. Is shock what I use to get my CYA level up? That's what I understand from PS, but I want to make sure I am correct.

Since you don't have a test kit, you can take a water sample to the pool store and have it tested.

That is much better than the strips. Post the test results back here. Your new water will have zero CYA.

What are the ingredients in the product marked 'shock' that you have?
If you are using the small-pool- start-up guide from Pool School, dichlor is recommended there.