Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Converting spa from Baqua to bromine

1. Back To Top    #1

Chino Hills, CA

Converting spa from Baqua to bromine

I have read most of info about starting up new spa and converting pool from Baqua to clorine. Is the process the same converting to bromine? IE, add clorine bleach to bring to proper level first? I drained the spa about 2 months ago and just refilled. Have ordered new test kit. Current readings--clorine 0, ph 7.8, TA 110. That's all I can test for now. Thanks
    350g acrylic spa. AG, cartridge, pumps 2GE 6hp. installed 10/07.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Converting spa from Baqua to bromine

Yes, it's the same procedure because you drain to remove all the Baqua as much as possible. Just keep in mind that if it isn't all completely removed you can have a bad first water fill experience. Because of this, you might consider after a drain/refill to use a product such as Spa System Flush and then decontaminate with high chlorine levels, then drain/refill again and start the bromine procedure. Up to you. If you just do a drain/refill and start with bromine and have no problems, then that's OK -- just want you to be aware of what might happen.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"