Intelliflo VF with Jandy RS upgraded to iAqualink

RW5207

Jul 8, 2012
I've been trolling...and now it's time to ask the experts!

I have recently installed an Intelliflo VF (latest and greatest version with 16 speeds, I believe). After installing it I then embarked on the process of forklifting the Aqualink RS. I ordered the iAqualink upgrade kit (IQ900-RS) and installed the board successfully. I thought I had hooked up the Intelliflo RS-485 connection to the Aqualink correctly since it's only two wires (green and yellow) assuming they could be placed on either 4-pin comm interface on the Aqualink board. The only thing the Aqualink sees is that the pump is "offline" and the Help section now shows an RS485 error with the pump.

Is there something I need to do to be able to program and control the pump correctly?

Also, my Aquarite was initially displaying the setting and salt level until recently (as it always has, even before the upgrade) but recently stopped. I'm guessing I have a bad communications wire between the units...I'll have to ohm it out later. But, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm listening.

Pool specs:
40,000 gallon gunite w/spa
Hayward heater/60 ft2 filter
Intelliflo VF pump
Aqualink Rev R with iAqualink
Two incandescent pool lights
One incandescent SPA light
Booster pump for Polaris 280

Thanks...Russ

Pump is definitely in Filter mode. I was wondering if "Run Program" should be selected on the pump directly or if you should leave it off and let the Aqualink control it somehow. I think I tried this with no difference.

Is my assumption about hooking up the RS485 yellow/green wires correct?

Thanks...Russ

I am curious if you get this running and how the programming works with the iAqualink. I ended up buying a Jandy VS FloPro just for the natural reason that similar product integrate better. I am starting to regret this decision as I have had 2 pumps fail in less than 3 months.

I am at the point of trying to get all my money back on the VS FloPro and just go to the pump you are using - but I definitely would like the ability to program it via the iAqualink. Keep us posted!

I haven't yet had time to mess with it again. However, I am concerned that I lost all my RS484 communication between the Aqualink and the Aquarite, since I no longer see the status of the Aquarite on the Aqualink panel in the house. Wondering what was messed up...

As someone just mentioned to me in a different thread:

The Intellifo yellow wire goes to the black terminal on the Jandy RS485, while the green wire goes to the yellow terminal.

In low voltage DC, if red is power, black is usually ground. Jandy didn't go this route, and instead used the high voltage AC standard of green being ground. Unfortunately Pentair and Jandy didn't agree on the colors, and oddly, the installation directions seem awfully lacking on this discrepancy.

Derek

Derek--

Thanks! You are da' bomb! Simply making those adjustments made my iAqualink display and control the pump correctly.

I agree...there are not enough instructions on the electrical connections of the Pentair/Jandy combination. I will have to add to my blog @ Idoneitmyself.wordpress.com.

Now I need to figure out why my Aquarite has stopped communicating with the Jandy Aqualink.

Thanks again!

Russ

Derek--

Thanks! You are da' bomb! Simply making those adjustments made my iAqualink display and control the pump correctly.

I agree...there are not enough instructions on the electrical connections of the Pentair/Jandy combination. I will have to add to my blog @ Idoneitmyself.wordpress.com.

Now I need to figure out why my Aquarite has stopped communicating with the Jandy Aqualink.

Thanks again!

Russ

Did you ever get the AquaRite to work? If not what revision of Aqualink are you running?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.