Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fountain heads/nozzles?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fountain heads/nozzles?

I've been looking everywhere for more interesting fountain nozzles fort he kids. My PB put in three fountains, that are essentially a screw-in PVC pipe with a regular 1.5" return eyeball on the end.
    I was thinking there would be all sorts of nozzles one could screw in, but the the life of me I can't find them.

Any ideas/pointers?
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fountain heads/nozzles?

Here's the one I have I like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I googled and found a few - this one looks neat...

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Accessori ... -Fountain/
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys. That's not quite what I had in min but great options.

The PB put a standard 1.5" eyeball return in the floor of the hot tub and kiddie pool. Then they put a PVC extension into the threaded return receptacle and put the eye-ball on the end of it. I can screw in any standard return nozzle into the end of this PVC. To me this would be as simple as deciding you want different hot-tub jets....but I can't seem to find any nozzle designed to be fountain heads.

This is the nozzle I have now (similar) http://commercialpool.com/returnfitting1534eyeball.aspx
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake
    I can screw in any standard return nozzle into the end of this PVC. To me this would be as simple as deciding you want different hot-tub jets....but I can't seem to find any nozzle designed to be fountain heads.
    Could you take something like this http://www.epoolshop.com/1-12pipeplugwitho-ring.aspx
    and drill small holes through it to make your fountain?
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Why reinvent the wheel, as msgtdan posted a few days ago? Put a reducer on the pipe and get you one of those fancy showerheads with multiple spray patterns.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Shower head? Sprinkler head?
    mwitt21w
    20000 gallon fiberglass, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420, Pentair Whisperflow WF-23, Pentair Intellichlor Generator

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by derekc
    Shower head? Sprinkler head?
    Either. Or drill your own holes in a pipe. Search Aerator or Cooler and look for the paper clip icon for more pictures.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!