Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First water test results

1. Back To Top    #1

First water test results

I tested the water for the first time today and it revealed the following numbers

FC 1.5
    CC .5
    TC 2
    ph 7.3
    TA 150
    CH 800
    CYA 120
    temp is 72

With what little I know this is telling me to do a water change. Should I do 2 draw downs of say 25% to 30% each or would a 50% be better to start? The Ch out of the tap is 150.

Thanks this is a great forum
    30,000 gal Pebble Tec, Intellifo 4X160, Pentair 80 DE Quad, Pool Pilot SWG, Easy Touch Controls

2. Back To Top    #2
    You want to leave at least 1 foot of water in the shallow area. Other than that two partial drains will require slightly more new water than a single deeper drain but otherwise will work just fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason

I will draw it down as you indicated. I suppose I should wait a few days and then retest to see what further action is required.
    30,000 gal Pebble Tec, Intellifo 4X160, Pentair 80 DE Quad, Pool Pilot SWG, Easy Touch Controls