Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Buster problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Buster problem

I'm having a problem with my pool buster. I added the bags for sand & algae but it doesn't seem to pick up anything, it's as if the suction has disappeared. Has this happened to anyone? maybe i'm doing something wrong (hopefully)

Should I think about just getting a vacuum hose and vaccuuming through the skimmer?

Thanks!
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter W/ 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra

2. Back To Top    #2

I've been using a Pool Buster for just under one season. It doesn't have as much suction as a vacuum head connected to the pump/filter, but does do a reasonable job of picking up stuff and is much more convenient. Just yesterday it managed to vacuum up a dead mouse.

It sounds like your unit is not working. Have you tried it with just the standard filter bag? That's all I use.
    11x27 in ground, vinyl pool
    ~12,500 gal
    PAC FAB (Pentair) Pinnacle 3/4 hp pump
    Pentair 24 sq ft DE filter
    One skimmer, one return (no main drain)

3. Back To Top    #3
    I'm going to try what you suggested...it seems like it's not working to me either and I think it may be out of warranty I have some sand on the bottom from before my laterals were replaced so i'm trying to get that up. I think I may have some dead algae down there too that I want to get up before it becomes a problem.

I'll let you know how it goes
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter W/ 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra