New Pool - Chlorine

Jul 5, 2012
I just finished filling my Intex 16x48 seasonal pool on Friday, and we used the pool last night. I want to make sure that my water is sanitized but I won't be getting a test kit until Monday. Would it be fair to assume that I don't have a chlorine level and I could base my calculations off a 0% chlorine level in 4400 gallons of water.

I did fill it with municipal water. I noticed that when I got water in my nose it burnt pretty bad... not sure if that's from chlorine...probably pH?

I know I probably shouldn't be assuming anything but again... I won't have my test kit until Monday. However, if I assume I have a 2ppm chlorine level right now I should be able to calculate the amount of bleach needed to raise the level to 6ppm.

Does this sound right?

Thanks.. just wanted to make sure...

I think I estimated the amount of water incorrectly. My pool holds just over 5000 at 90% and it's probably a little low. I am going to calculate based on 4900 gallons of water. So with 4900 gallons of water and 2ppm of FC my pool requires 41oz of 6% bleach to achieve 6ppm of FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.