Hello everyone! I have a Hayward EC50 D.E filter for my Intex 24' round pool. Reading the manual for the pump, it says that I need to make sure that the voltage and amp should be within limits in order to prevent damage to the pump. My problem is that the nearest outlet is a50' away from were the filter will be installed. I was going to use a 50' extension cord to bring power to the filter. Do I run the risk of dameging the pump by running it off of an extension cord? It is a heavy duty one, is one of those orange ones that are sold to be used with electric lawn trimmers.
P.S the pump volt rating is 115v / 12 amps.