SWG wont run on low speed

nfusion770

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2011
I just installed my first pool. When I fired up the Jandy Aquapure ei I got a no flow message. I flipped my 1 hp pump from low to high and immediately the generator started to work. I am guessing the flow rate at the SWG is too low to run on low speed. Do I have any options other than running the pump on high all the time? Could this be a plumbing issue as there is a 90 about 10 inches before the SWG but I am pretty sure this meets manufacturer recommendations. Any ideas? Thank you

there is a chance that with a longer run in front of the SWG/flow sensor it would turn on with the low speed , but no guarantee unfortunately.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

linen said:
Has your sand filter been backwashed recently? My flow is too low for my swg when my filter pressure goes up about 15%(measured on high speed) when running on low.

Yes it has. I just started the pool last week and backwashed a few times to get the rust out of the filter. Now I plan to let it run normally. It might have to do with the plumbing. I didnt plan to have to leave 12 inches between elbows or to have 30 inches between the sensor and the cell so we had to plumb it a bit weird to meet the specs. I might have to call Jandy to see if they have any ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.