Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG wont run on low speed

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG wont run on low speed

I just installed my first pool. When I fired up the Jandy Aquapure ei I got a no flow message. I flipped my 1 hp pump from low to high and immediately the generator started to work. I am guessing the flow rate at the SWG is too low to run on low speed. Do I have any options other than running the pump on high all the time? Could this be a plumbing issue as there is a 90 about 10 inches before the SWG but I am pretty sure this meets manufacturer recommendations. Any ideas? Thank you

Radiant Metric 33' 52" AGP (18" in ground)~24500 gallons; Pentair SuperFlo Energy Efficient 1HP Dual Speed Pump; Pentair Tagelus TA100D Sand Filter; Jandy Legacy LRZ400ENN 400,000BTU NG Heater; Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG; 2" Piping rigid above ground and flex below.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG wont run on low speed

there is a chance that with a longer run in front of the SWG/flow sensor it would turn on with the low speed , but no guarantee unfortunately.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Tough to justify re- plumbing without knowing for sure.

Radiant Metric 33' 52" AGP (18" in ground)~24500 gallons; Pentair SuperFlo Energy Efficient 1HP Dual Speed Pump; Pentair Tagelus TA100D Sand Filter; Jandy Legacy LRZ400ENN 400,000BTU NG Heater; Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG; 2" Piping rigid above ground and flex below.

4. Back To Top    #4

It's not recommended, but you may be able to by-pass the flow switch, or maybe see if they offer one with a lower flow rate.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe I will call Jandy and see what they say.

Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Has your sand filter been backwashed recently? My flow is too low for my swg when my filter pressure goes up about 15%(measured on high speed) when running on low.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Has your sand filter been backwashed recently? My flow is too low for my swg when my filter pressure goes up about 15%(measured on high speed) when running on low.
    Yes it has. I just started the pool last week and backwashed a few times to get the rust out of the filter. Now I plan to let it run normally. It might have to do with the plumbing. I didnt plan to have to leave 12 inches between elbows or to have 30 inches between the sensor and the cell so we had to plumb it a bit weird to meet the specs. I might have to call Jandy to see if they have any ideas.