Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I installed a fountain in my Intex ultra Frame pool

1. Back To Top    #1

I installed a fountain in my Intex ultra Frame pool

This is the fountain, purchased at my local pool store (I left before they could sell me anything else ).
    And my granddaughter under the fountain after we finished.

In the next post I'll show the parts that I used.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I installed a fountain in my Intex ultra Frame pool

These are pictures of the parts.

First is a return fixture that I think came with an Intex pump I purchased last year to use with my blue easy set pool (2650 gph). The pool died but I kept the pump and all usable parts. The return is 3" in diameter which fits nicely on the inside set of threads on the fixture that is in the wall of the pool.

Second shows after the center grid was removed. My husband used wire cutters to cut the grid out then a dremel to grind down the nubs. I actually photo-shopped it to depict what it looked like after he was finished.

Third one shows the elbow connector that came with the fountain. The end that is inserted in the return fixture is threaded. Sorry, I had it assembled before I thought about taking pictures and now I'm afraid to take it apart for fear it won't go back together as well. The hose attaches with a hose clamp (I need one that won't rust). The number of sets of holes you cover determine the height of the fountain. This thing came with all kinds of parts but p*** poor instructions so I had to wing it.

I found out the hard way that you should make absolutely sure that ALL kinks are out of the hose. It took me a couple of minutes to do this and the pressure made my filter spring a leak. All fixed up now. I had to open the filter and re-seat the gasket with more lube. But all is okay now.

We love the fountain, it looks and sounds wonderful. My 9 year old granddaughter has decided that the fountain marks the gateway to the wicked witches castle. She has developed a whole, very detailed game around this. And she makes me play it with her. . . gotta love the babies!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!

3. Back To Top    #3

Had to post this one separate because I can post only 3 photos per post.

Fourth shows the inside of the return / nozzle fixture.
    Angie M.

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks cool!

Certainly something different.

That is thinking outside the box, smiles.

Nice DIY job there!
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! I had to do something. None of the stuff that came with the fountain would fit an Intex pool.

And I really wanted that fountain!

Angie M.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for sharing that! I want to build a fountain for our Intex Ultra frame. I will look for the spare parts from our old blue Intex. Great idea!

Cheers,

Liz
    Northern California Inground pool 20' by 40'
    Diamond Brite Quartz Medium Grey Plaster - Islands Sapphire Breeze Tile Border
    Jules Bright Cobalt Blue Blend Tile Bench fountain sheer waterfall descent
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump - Pentair CLean & CLear PLus Cartridge Filter - Kreepy Krauly Legend - mTF-100 Test Kit - Swimmers: Twins (Boy/Girl) 14 yrs old

7. Back To Top    #7

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks guys!
    Angie M.