Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: True Tile Vinyl Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

True Tile Vinyl Pool

Any advise please on TRU-TILE system
    We are having a vinyl pool installed and we are going to go for the Tru-Tile system, has anyone got any experience of this type of pool liner with ceramic tile top ??? I am a little worried about leaking as the liner joint to ceramic tile is below the water line. Is it a reliable system?

1) The size of your pool in gallons...............10,000
    2) The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)..........cartridge
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)..........AG
    4) If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump and the size (flow rate) of your filter..........
    6) Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.............May 28,2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: True Tile Vinyl Pool

Welcome to TFP!

I have no experience with the TRU-TILE system. Hopefully someone does and can help you out.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Lynchburg VA

I did a quick internet search for horror stories regarding these liners and could not really find any. It looks like they have been around for a while based on some of the info. Looks like a pretty safe bet based on that.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

If you are concerned about it's viability, I wouldn't install it. Having faith that your PB can do a good job is essential.

Briefly, the design appears well thought out. Leaks would not be my concern but rather the PB's ability to do a goodj ob installing tile on a flexible wall. That epoxy thinset is VERY tough to deal with unless they are experienced. He should probably have some other jobs you can look at and get a reference, right?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School