Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mounting saltwater system to side mounted pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mounting saltwater system to side mounted pump?

So I put up our pool for the summer today and realized that the bottom of my pool is riddled with holes. This is from my kids getting onto my shed over the winter and knocking my tools over on it stabbing the bottom of the liner. My question is after looking at new pools, most of the ones have this side mount skimmer pump on the side of the pool, not the stand on the ground pump anymore. I have the saltwater system, can the saltwater system be used with these new side mounting pumps?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mounting saltwater system to side mounted pump?

Most people just hook up the separate pump, filter & swg to the inlet of the skimmer mounted pump and not use the skimmer mounted pump at all.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Most people just hook up the separate pump, filter & swg to the inlet of the skimmer mounted pump and not use the skimmer mounted pump at all.
    Thanks, could you hook up both pumps and have them running at the same time?

4. Back To Top    #4

I wouldn't recommend it. One pump will overpower the other.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit