green pool

Jul 7, 2012
Hi everyone...I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone might be able to help me out. My pool had been blue but very cloudy since last year. This year, I started off with the same cloudy water as soon as I opened my pool. I went to Namco and had my water tested and they said my alkaline was high so I was advised to use 2lbs PH decreaser for a 21'x41' above ground pool. The sales guy then said to put in 2lbs of shock. The next day I looked out and my pool is green and has been for 3 days. Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance!
Adam

Thanks for your replies. All I've used as recommended by Namco are the test strips where you just dip them and read the results. Those numbers if it's of any help are:

FCI: 1
TCI: 1
Alk: 120
pH: 7.2
TH: 0
CyA: 40

unfortunately, test strips are the worst ... so that is not much help ;)

Order one of the test kits in the link provided and while waiting, read through Pool School a few times to start to learn the truth about your pool chemistry.

Then post up the test results when you get the kit and we can help get you straightened out.

Ask questions as they come up.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.