Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

pool vacuum?

What would be a good pool vacuum to get for an intex quick set pool? right now i'm looking at an aqua broom or catfish.
    15' X 36" intex quickset pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool vacuum?

We've seen fairly good reviews on both of those. I prefer the Catfish but either should be fine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I tried using the aqua broom this morning and it seemed to be working good. then it started spewing the stuff back into the water again. I put a piece of my wife's nylons around the silt bag as recommended from someone and it started spewing out again. I can see the bottom and when it starts vacuuming it is clear and then it gets all stirred up again and back to murky again. I'm not sure what to do with this "stuff". I am pretty sure it is dead algae but how do i get it out?
    15' X 36" intex quickset pool

4. Back To Top    #4

You'll just have to keep filtering it out a little at the time until it's clear.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit