clorox for grandulated chlorine

Re: clorox substitute grandulated chlorine

i am not concerned how much one pound of granulated chlorine raises my fc. i put one and a half pound of chlorine every week and the pool store tells me the amount of pristine blue to add to pool every other week. the chlorine is the same every week no mater what the fc is. i am trying to find out how much clorox equals 1 pound of grandulated chlorine

i am not concerned how much one pound of granulated chlorine raises my fc. i put one and a half pound of chlorine every week and the amount of pristine blue to add to pool. the chlorine is the same every week no mater what the fc is. i am trying to find out how much clorox equals 1 pound of grandulated chlorine. thank you

If you are only adding chlorine once a week, then it is likely to get very low if not to zero at some point during the week (unless you are also dosing chlorine during the week such as using Trichlor pucks/tabs). With the copper from Pristine Blue, you might be keeping away algae, but that isn't the same as killing bacteria. Copper does not kill fecal bacteria and Pristine Blue recently had to change their claims as shown in this reregistration where they can only claim that the product is "used to control algae and to suppress nonpublic health bacteria and bacteria that cause odor problems in residential pools, spas and hot tubs." They can no longer claim to kill bacteria though it will take them time to change their labeling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.