Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anchor cups and green stairs

1. Back To Top    #1

Anchor cups and green stairs

Had a couple of topics and didn't want to clutter up the place so I combined them...

First...
    I don't know if "anchor cups" is the "official" name for them, but they are the little cups that the ladder posts slide down into. One of mine has a bunch of sand or dirt in it and a couple (for volleyball nets which aren't in) just have some gross standing water in them. Do they make anything to cover them? Or is there any sort of makeshift anything I can/should use to fill them to avoid this?

Second...
    Just above the water line on our stairs, we have some faint green (algae, presumably?) What's the best way to clean that? As an aside, I'm assuming it's not something I should worry about...

Thanks everyone - you all are my sanity anchor in my first year of owning an inground pool!
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anchor cups and green stairs

1. They do make covers for the anchor sleeves. I'd squirt a little bleach in them.

2. If it's algae you need to use a bleach solution to clean it. If it's a stain, you can try Magic Eraser. Also, if it's algae I'd run an OCLT.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info. One thing though...can you give me an idea what they call the covers? I can't find anything...
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

4. Back To Top    #4

I did a google on this using the terms "pool" "anchor" "covers"... one of the sites came up with:
    http://www.backyardcitypools.com/saf.../BWP-WS020.htm (look cute... but not sure if they're for sockets or posts)
    another site the poped up is
    http://www.innovativepoolproducts.co...es/index2.html
    -wc

Might be the one other thing to check with the LPS... just remember... repeat to self "no chemicals.... my pool is sparkley.... no chemicals.... just toys"
    Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - Poolcalculator.com :lookhere: TestKits