My tab dissappeared in less than a day

Jun 26, 2007
MA
I usually use bio gaurd 3 step, I went to a store he sold me the surf side brand they last a week blah, blah I put one in at 6:15 yesterday almost no chlorine in the pool. Today I go out at 5pm shut filter off my tab has dissolved chlorine level is through the roof. Ran hose to add a bit more water. Should I keep the pump on to prevent liner damage due to high chlorine? Next time I'll break the tab up and use a quarter of it. It's an intex ultra frame pool.

off my tab has dissolved chlorine level is through the roof
We would need to know how high "through the roof" is before advising on whether it is too high for your liner and would need to know your CYA as well.

I really doubt you're in any trouble but I am just guessing without test results.

Chlorine was more yellow than what I have on the tester, CYA I'm not sure my testing kit was lost I haven't had the extra to re purchase only things I have is my chlorine and ph test tube.my ph is still good sorry it's not much help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.