Terre Haute indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
thinking of getting a swg, any thoughts on the circupool rj 45. our pool is 19500 gal. the rj 45 is for pools 20000 to 45000 gal. seems like it is a little more simple than some of the others.

I just put one in and it works great so far. 24k gallon pool running the pump 8 hours with the SWG at 30% has kept me in the 4-5ppm range. Only time will tell how reliable it is, but so far so good.

guess i'm going to go ahead and order one still deciding which one. kind of worrying a little, seems like a lot of posts of problems with the swg. need to order some test kit refills so i'll go ahead and get some salt test strips and figure out how much salt to have on hand. here we go, old dog new tricks

I have owned a circupool RJ60 for just under 2 yrs. I just replaced it with an Aquarite 40K. I have had troubles with this unit overheating and turning off. I had the entire unit and cell replaced twice under warranty. A month ago it caught fire and started spewing water everywhere. I also had trouble with excessive scale build up on the circupool. For a time I was running both the circupool and aquarite. The scaling and overheating was only on the circupool. I decided to not replace the circupool under warranty after the fire and just buy another aquarite.

Possibly because of the overheating issue, it never produced the amount of chlorine it was supposed to. I was floating tabs all summer. I have owned Aquarites for 7 yrs and had never had any troubles. My first aquarite lasted 5.5 yrs - the cell was still working when the box stopped working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.