Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CircuPool rj 45 ?

1. Back To Top    #1

CircuPool rj 45 ?

thinking of getting a swg, any thoughts on the circupool rj 45. our pool is 19500 gal. the rj 45 is for pools 20000 to 45000 gal. seems like it is a little more simple than some of the others.
    19500 gal, IG, haywood s-200 sand filter & pump, 3/4 horse single speed motor, vinyl liner, tf 100 test kit, installed early 80's, Terre haute,In

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CircuPool rj 45 ?

I have heard good things about the CircuPool, but most people end up purchasing the essentially identical CompuPool because it is less expensive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

i'm going to check that out. everything i'v read on hear says to go bigger than you need, how big should i go for a 19500 gal. pool. thanks
    19500 gal, IG, haywood s-200 sand filter & pump, 3/4 horse single speed motor, vinyl liner, tf 100 test kit, installed early 80's, Terre haute,In

4. Back To Top    #4

We generally recommend going 2x to 3x the actual pool size. Getting a unit sized for a 40K or 45K pool would be great.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I just put one in and it works great so far. 24k gallon pool running the pump 8 hours with the SWG at 30% has kept me in the 4-5ppm range. Only time will tell how reliable it is, but so far so good.
    24,000 gallon in-ground plaster, Pentair FNSP60 60 sq. ft. DE filter @ 9,000 GPH, 2HP WhisperFlo pump, CircuPool RJ45 SWG, 399k BTU Raypak heater, built 2008. Taylor K2006C kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

guess i'm going to go ahead and order one still deciding which one. kind of worrying a little, seems like a lot of posts of problems with the swg. need to order some test kit refills so i'll go ahead and get some salt test strips and figure out how much salt to have on hand. here we go, old dog new tricks

7. Back To Top    #7

I've got an Compupool CPSC 48 on a 17K pool and I'm happy with it. My pump runs about 10 hours at 80%.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

8. Back To Top    #8

I have owned a circupool RJ60 for just under 2 yrs. I just replaced it with an Aquarite 40K. I have had troubles with this unit overheating and turning off. I had the entire unit and cell replaced twice under warranty. A month ago it caught fire and started spewing water everywhere. I also had trouble with excessive scale build up on the circupool. For a time I was running both the circupool and aquarite. The scaling and overheating was only on the circupool. I decided to not replace the circupool under warranty after the fire and just buy another aquarite.

Possibly because of the overheating issue, it never produced the amount of chlorine it was supposed to. I was floating tabs all summer. I have owned Aquarites for 7 yrs and had never had any troubles. My first aquarite lasted 5.5 yrs - the cell was still working when the box stopped working.
    Dan's Pool: 40K gal gunite pool - 50 by 18 and 8ft spa, 2 Aquarite 40K SWG, Aquamatic pool cover (rarely used), 60sq ft De filter (Jandy), Heat Pump and Gas heater (rarely used), O3 generator, just started borates