So I am at the end of my 2nd shocking process for what I now believe is mustard algae. Hopefully tomoorw will be my 24 hours of shocking at 30 ppm of chlorine! Yay! Anyhow I was wondering what ya'll did/do to keep it at bay. I had it gone but once my FC got to 5.5, it clouded up the water in a few hours. My plan is to not let my FC go below 7.5 ever again! Should I use an algecide? What do I do with pool toys, life jackets, noodles? What about my skimmer and jets, do I have to somehow unscrew them and clean them? Tell me please how best to go about getting rid of this monster once and for all!!!!!!!!