Intex Krystal Clear1600 gallon Sand Filter Pump/Low pressure

G

I just installed this pump as a replacement for my Summer Escapes, 15'x42" skimmer basket pump/filter and I have low pressure reading on the pressure gauge.

541666_337906282955508_1774215038_n.jpg

I just installed this pump as a replacement for my Summer Escapes, 15'x42" skimmer basket pump/filter and I have low pressure reading on the pressure gauge.

541666_337906282955508_1774215038_n.jpg

The hose coming from the original skimmer basket and pump is 1/4 in diameter smaller then the new filter hose. I have removed the guts from the old pump as well as the old paper filters. From the plunger valve at the new pump, everything is set-up as the owner's manual requires. I added 50lbs of #20 silica sand before I back-washed and rinsed. Then I started the pump in filter mode. Is 50 lbs of sand enough? What type of readings does everyone get from there gauge?

The flow coming from the outlet is strong and the fittings have been checked for leaks, etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated :cheers:

Re: Intex Krystal Clear1600 gallon Sand Filter Pump/Low pres

The flow is strong and I am at around 5-7psi on the gauge. On thing I have noticed is that the older pump outlet at the liner created a circular flow. While I cannot angle the new one to do the same. The plunger valves are open.

By circular flow, do you mean around the pool and back to the skimmer? My neighbor pulls on the fitting to one side using a bungie cord and this helps the flow to divert from straight out.

I think I have it all working well now. I used a rope to help adjust the angle.

Thank for all the replys

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.