chlorine/beach

amanda

Jul 2, 2012
Georgetown, KY
The pool store people have told my husband to add three gallons of chlorine to our new pool. I want to use the bbb method, and they have pretty much tried to scare him away from that of course. What brand and strength of bleach do you buy? And does three gallons sound right? They tested the water, we don't have a kit yet. Thanks.

amanda said:
The pool store people have told my husband to add three gallons of chlorine to our new pool. I want to use the bbb method, and they have pretty much tried to scare him away from that of course. What brand and strength of bleach do you buy? And does three gallons sound right? They tested the water, we don't have a kit yet. Thanks.
Pool chlorine and bleach are the same stuff, just different concentrations.

How much depends entirely on what the test results are and how big the pool is.

The key to the BBB method is understanding your pool's chemistry and using accurate test results to only add what the pool needs.

Step 1 is getting yourself one of the recommended test kits listed in the link in my signature.

Step 2 is reading through Pool School a few times.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.