Low PSI after Equipment Change?

P

PatG25

Had my inground 22000 gallon pool for 3 years now. I have a Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter system than has run at 20 PSI ever since the pool was turned on the first time. When my roof solar system kicks in the system went up to 30 psi. Kind of made sense to me since the water now has to go up to the roof on my 2 floor house.

A couple of days ago the pool installer was out and replaced my Aqua Comfort chlorine generator with a newer model. The old one died due to the fact that it was incorrectly installed. They never tied the generator power to the pool pump; just plugged it in. The flow sensor went bad causing the generator to stay on without any water going through it. After I got home, checked it out and it seemed to be working fine. However, I noticed the pool pressure at 8 psi, down from the 20 I expected. I have never seen it that low. I manually turned on the solar heater and the pressure did not move. The valves opened, the water is being heated (I confirmed warmer water coming into the pool), but the pressure stayed at 8 psi.

Everything seems to be working fine. My waterfall off the spa is as strong as ever. Water pressure out of the return jets seem fine.

Do I have a problem? Should I investigate this further?

Thanks.

Interesting; I didn't realize they break. It does go to 0 when the pool is off. That would be a simple solution; I'll go by the pool store this week and get a new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.