Vacation

May 5, 2012
I was just reading some of the old forum posts to try to find an answer to this question, but I couldn't find anything. Is there a way to search the forum?

We will be going on vacation for 10 days and will have my Mom staying at the house. There is no way to explain all of the BBB method to her and have her comfortable with it(She's a very spry, independent 88yo :) So here is my question....is it better to leave the cover on to cut evaporation and run the risk of it getting green or leave it off? And I was planning on having my Mom put in a gallon of bleach every 3 days and praying. Any other suggestions? I don't want to do the pucks because my CYA is running a little high.

BTW I just installed a semiautomatic powertrak cover that uses a drill to open and close the pool. It was a third of the price of having a fully automatic cover installed and allows me to open the pool myself. Could never really manage those solar reel covers alone. The covers works great so hopefully it will cut evaporation and chemical use. BUT be forewarned this was not the "easy as pie" installation the salesman said it was. If anyone has any questions about it I'd be happy to give more input.

Finally we had my husband's office party here last weekend and 2 families were amazed by my clear, sparkling pool! We may have 2 new families joining the BBB method after that party! Again thanks for all the work everybody does to spread and explain this approach. It absolutely works!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.