Just opened, here are my numbers

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Hiya folks... good to be back here. We just uncovered the pool and topped off the water yesterday. This is my first opening since switching off Baquacil last year. It looks pretty good. Using the leaf net over the winter cover really seemed to make removing the cover easier. No brown sludge dumped into the pool from the cover and we did not even get our feet wet! That was worthwhile, IMO.

Water a little cloudy but not green. Just green on the skimmer basket and in the pump filter basket. I added chlorine this morning to get it to 15ppm, then let it circulate a few hours before testing. Here are the results:

FC: 7
CC: 1
TC: 8
pH: 7.5
TA: 90
CH: 170
CYA: <20
Salt: 2150
Temp 68.4

I presume I should continue shocking until FC holds and CC is zero, then increase the CYA. Any suggestions on a goal for CYA? I have the Intex SWG and I think I kept CYA around 40 last year.

I brushed yesterday and was planning to vacuum and then backwash later on when then sun is behind the trees. I need to add a bag of salt to boost that. It was giving me the low salt warning before we closed last summer so I knew it would need salt. Everything else seems to be good... any suggestions?

Looks like I will be coaching my sister on a Baquacil conversion soon. Of course I will send her here, too.

Sue,

Move to the head of the class!! You've got this figured out.

I can add little to what you already know and are planning to do.

Over the past couple of years the recommended dosage for CYA has crept up a little. In yur case with the SWG, 60-80ppm seems to be the range.

Keep that chlorine in there in the evening just like your planning. Sounds like your pool will be sparkling in a couple of days.

Nice workl! :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.