Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleared the Cloud, now what about CC?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleared the Cloud, now what about CC?

I had my first cloudy experience over the past two days, since first opening the pool nearly a year ago.

What i discovered was low FC, and apparently low CYA, and slightly high pH. As stated in other posts, my K2006 test kit did not arrive until the event started. (I also realized I measured FC wrong the first time. )

Where I started: (Vinyl, SWG, 22,000G)
    FC was 2.0
    CC 0
    pH 7.8, down from 8.0 the day before
    TA 140
    CH 150-160
    CYA 25-30

I used the SWG to provide a chlorine boost. (100% "shock" mode)
    I also added Dry Acid.
    I also added Stabilizer.

I added the Acid yesterday, and the stabilizer today.

I tested FC and CC tonight, as well as pH.
    FC=4.5
    CC=.5
    pH= 7.4

So, clearly the FC did it's job and cleared my pool. I have a separate question about the stabilizer I will post as a different topic.

My question now is... What happens with the CC bi-product of the FC? Do I need to do anything to bring CC back down to zero or does this occur naturally now that the FC has killed whatever was starting to live in my pool?
    Inground/liner. 22000 Gallons -- STA-RITE SYSTEM 3 Filter - IntelliPro VS+ SVRS Pump -- MasterTemp 250 Heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleared the Cloud, now what about CC?

CC fluctuates. Some days I get zero, some days I show .5. Don't worry about .5 or less.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cleared the Cloud, now what about CC?

Quote Originally Posted by jaywdetroit
    What happens with the CC bi-product of the FC? Do I need to do anything to bring CC back down to zero or does this occur naturally now that the FC has killed whatever was starting to live in my pool?
    Sunlight will burn it off.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry