I had my first cloudy experience over the past two days, since first opening the pool nearly a year ago.
What i discovered was low FC, and apparently low CYA, and slightly high pH. As stated in other posts, my K2006 test kit did not arrive until the event started. (I also realized I measured FC wrong the first time. )
Where I started: (Vinyl, SWG, 22,000G)
FC was 2.0
pH 7.8, down from 8.0 the day before
I used the SWG to provide a chlorine boost. (100% "shock" mode)
I also added Dry Acid.
I also added Stabilizer.
I added the Acid yesterday, and the stabilizer today.
I tested FC and CC tonight, as well as pH.
So, clearly the FC did it's job and cleared my pool. I have a separate question about the stabilizer I will post as a different topic.
My question now is... What happens with the CC bi-product of the FC? Do I need to do anything to bring CC back down to zero or does this occur naturally now that the FC has killed whatever was starting to live in my pool?