Pool surface problems

scarob63

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
South Florida
I had my pool drained by the contractor after a new pebble finish was applied (marbletite) because of improper application the first time. The cream was never cleaned off properly the first time and surface was very blotchy. The contractor acid washed the surface again today. The surface is now 3 mo old. There is a little streaking in the finish and I would like to blend it in a little better.

Should I do a fresh acid start?

I moved the whole thread to "under construction" I think your lack of responses is that there are VERY few, if any pool plasterers on this website and even if there were, I think you question may be a little too subjective with no black/white answer.

Some variation in a pebble finish is normal.

That said, can you tell if the streaking is still some cream? If it is, and you have a bypass on your heater, you can try the acid approach, accompanied by vigorous brushing.

Caution: if the problem is being caused by unevenly mixed aggregate, you might make it worse.

This is a highly subjective issue, and sometimes expectations exceed reality, especially in dark aggregates.

The aggregate was evenly mixed. The problem was uneven acid washing and surface was not power sprayed per manufacturer specs. The result of the draining and subsequent acid wash was an overall improvement, but acid was not flushed well afterwords and there are drip lines in shallow end where acid remained prior to fill. I did acid start again and there is improvement. I figure I will continue to brush for a day or two and then raise pH if that sounds like a sound idea.

If your contractor doesn't have good experience with performing acid washes, then perhaps another contractor might be able to improve the appearance.
Posting a picture of the plaster streaks (when shaded from sun) would help with advice and disagnosing problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.