Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First visit with PB

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

First visit with PB

Just stopped by Cody Pools this week since they were the only ones open that day.. and had a pool at their office. Was told an "average" pool in NW Austin/Leander on a sloped back yard would be $50.000-$60.000.. add another $15.000 for a spa. I know that's not much to go by, but $65-$75k seems like a lot right? Will get a few PB's to come to the house once I move in in Sept. to see what the general consensus is.
    16.000 US Gal. w/Spa; freeform gunite; built 2015ish; Pentair Quad DE filter; 3 HP Pentair VS Pump; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns, 15 Gallon Stenner Tank, 45MHP2 3GPD Pump, Dolphin Triton Pool Cleaner. TF100 Test kit!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: First visit with PB

It depends a great deal on how steep the slope is and how fancy a setup you want. If the slope isn't all that steep and you are happy with a simple setup it should cost quite a bit less than that.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Antelope, CA

Re: First visit with PB

It all depends on what you buy. Are looking at a Cadillac, a Hummer, a Yugo or a Toyota? All of them will get you there but in different style and prices.

I know...a couple of those companies are defunct but they are class defining in their own way.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4
    Austin, Texas

First visit with PB

Another central Texas person! If you go with Cody, try and talk to Kai. He was the designer at Ocean Quest when we did our pool and he was very good. I really liked Ocean Quest and we did a small pool and spa with great rock and deck work for $55k. Cost is directly related to perimeter.

We interviewed Cody, OCP, Starwood, and Paradise and all of them had their strengths but design won out for us. I will say that having the owner of OCP on site for every major build day was a huge bonus you can't get from Cody.

Happy to share any other info or answer ?s. heck, you can come see it if you want.
    16,000 IGP with Spa - Quad 80 DE - WET Midnight Sea Satin surface - Intelliflow VSP (3hp) - EasyTouch 4 - TFT100 w/ Speed Stir (best thing evah)