Casket Bench/Lounge

Mar 22, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
A little history first. A few years ago I bought a '72 Cadillac Hearse. It came with a casket. The casket was a "scratch-n-dent" and was missing one of the lids. Last year I sold the hearse but kept the casket. Well, now we have a pool and my wife was having trouble finding a chair that lays completely flat for sunbathing that was affordable. I had the idea of building a solid lid for the casket. Now, I'm no carpenter so it isn't perfect. It's also not finished. Any suggestions on a paint, stain, covering for the top? Obviously black will get too hot :)

casket1.jpg

casket2.jpg

Flowers? It might go with a theme. Get a Halloween skeleton to put off nosy guests. Black might get too hot.

A marine grade poly will seal it, so about any stain will work.

Where would one find a "scratch 'n dent" casket? I can see a lot of entertainment value, :party:

I just bought some outdoor minwax that has stain and polyurethane in it. I am using it for one of my outdoor projects. As far as how long it will hold up, I can not speak to that yet but it looks good. They have a variety of colors to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.