Can I use a SWG in a system with 2 speed pumb and solar

mdhwoods

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2009
Sarasota Florida
Considering putting in a Hayward Aqua Rite 25000 for my 10000 gallon pool. I have a 2 speed pump that runs on low until the solar control calls for heat. Once that happens it will turn on hi and run until it reaches temp. Will this effect the operation of the swg? Flow rate on high is about 60gpm and about 10gpm on low. Is the swg effected by flow or just run time? If it is just run time then my question is mute.

thanks in advance.

SWGs have a minimum flow rate, as long as you are above that you will be fine. Most of the time two speed pumps on low are above the required flow rate for the SWG, but now and then, depending on details of your plumbing, there isn't quite enough flow and they will only work on high. With a WFDS-26 you should be just fine unless your plumbing is amazingly convoluted.

Also, curious about how you came up with your flow rates. It is not easy to determine as it is a function of your plumbing and equipment.

Generally I seem to have read that the low speed is roughly half the flow rate of the high speed given the same water path.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.