Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair 2000 Lid Opener, where can I get one ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair 2000 Lid Opener, where can I get one ?

I have a Pentair 2000 filter but I don't appear to have the lid opener tool and I haven't been able to find one online. Since I can't find the tool, what is the best way to get the lid off without damaging anything ?
    15,000 gallons, IG, Plaster, Pentair 2000 DE Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Pentair 2000 Lid Opener, where can I get one ?

A small flat pry bar will work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I found a Pentair lid opener tool (010126) online and I will see how it goes in the next maintenance window. I have used the dangerous technique to get the lid off.

1. Open the air valve and let the air in. Close the air valve.
    2. Remove the lid ring clamp.
    3. Turn on the pump.
    4. Take cover and protect yourself.
    5. It takes about a minute and the lid flies off with a bang about 3 feet in the air.

Scary. I hope this tool works.
    Our renovation thread starts here: okc-renovation-started-11-27-13-t64182.html Pool newbie in Oklahoma City. 35,000 gallon painted gunite pool, semi-T-shaped, 29x15 shallow end and 16x22 deep end with diving board, and a separate 6x8 gunite hot tub (which won't hold water), both built in the mid-1970s and in need of some major renovation. In-ground pool: Sand filter and single speed pump with freeze guard timer // Separate in-ground spa: Sand filter, two single-speed pumps for circulation and jets, a blower and a small heater // Polaris 9300 Sport robotic cleaner (aka best pool purchase we've made yet!) // Taylor K-2006 (a close second for best pool purchase ever!) ... Learning as we go and so grateful to everyone here for their help!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Silicon Valley, CA

DONT let air in! That makes the lid come off with more force. If the tank is solid with water, it will just burp off. I don't recommend doing it either way, but if you are going to do it, do it the least dangerous. Bleed the air off first.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.