Need helping choosing new pool...resin/steel/hybrid?!?

MrsFusion

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2010
SW Iowa
First I'd like to thank everyone here who has helped me keep my pool sparkling clean for for 3 yrs now :)

After 6 years of Intex pools my hubby has finally agreed to let me upgrade...woohoo! :party: I think this record heat might also have something to do with it :wink:

I already have my sand filter and SWG. So I only need the pool, liner, skimmer. Like others have stated...there are so many online options it's hard to know where to start???
I'm leaning towards the Sharkline Venture or Matrix 18' round x 54". Oval will just not work in my space and 18' is as big as I can go :(

I've been watching videos on youtube on installing pools. I'm confident that my hubby & I can install with no problems. But, I'm unsure about getting steel or resin or a hybrid? Any thoughts on which is better and why?

Season 3 of Resin, I like it because it does not get unbearably hot to the touch, it does not scratch, I mean if it does it is consistent all the way through. I was able to rub a few hair pin stains out. What I don't like, it flexes a lot, when you lean on it, but I have had no issues. Also the side posts are resin, but the pool builder told me the side posts only hold the top up of a good pool. My 3 or 4 oval sides are heavy steel so I want to make that clear since that I think is where the most stress is on an oval.
Would I get it again, yes, I had steel growing up and it scratched and rusted.

I have been thinking of the Cozumel due to the fact that its warranted for SWCG use.
The Matrix I believe is salt water approved also but I need to check my notes.
I'm still doing some research before deciding, but it wont be this summer.

We have a steel wall pool with the resin top rails. While I cannot comment on longevity, I do like the resin top rails. We dont climb on them often, but I have walked on them to clean the pool. They flex more than I like, but the pool looks truly round because the rails are slightly curved. Visually more appealing and cooler to the touch than steel.

I acquired an Aqua Leader with steel walls and resin top and bottom pieces, it was 8 years old when we removed it. It had been buried 18" on one side and 6" everywhere else. Everything looked in good shape, the resin pieces that were exposed to the sun were a little faded but other wise okay. The steel wall only had one place with surface rust and it was on the inside about 3' up, light sanding and paint took care of that. After seeing the shape of this one as we took it out I'd recommend the resin/steel hybrid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.