Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Best check valve for Liquidator

Best check valve for Liquidator

So, I have a used Liquidator and I need to replace the check valves. I have seen the original grey ones, the little white John Guest ones, some black ones that Rabbit used, and there may be others. Has any one of these turned out to be more reliable? Is there another better choice?
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), with a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

Re: Best check valve for Liquidator

I've used these SMC check valves with good luck. They have a low cracking pressure and large body.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Dave, Would this be the one:
    1/4" FNPT Polypropylene Check Valve w/FKM Seals & 302 SS Spring
    Maximum Operating Pressure 125 psi. Maximum Operating Temperature 140F. Seat Area Open Diameter .438. The 694 Series Check Valve covers a wide range of air and fluid applications. The 694 Check is a compact design with a 1/3 psi cracking pressure, high flow rate, and a positive seal at very low back pressure or slight vacuum.

US Plastics Item 22231 Looks like it is Black. It is the one suggested by Rabbit
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), with a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

That's good enough. I used the 3/8" because I had the adapters and I figured the larger disc surface the better.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I was going to ask about the 3/8." I think I will go with 3/8" as much as possible. Since the Flow gauge requires 1/4" I will have to use 3/8" barbed because I can't find a 3/8" speed fit x 1/4" NPT. I only found a 3/8" SMC needle valve with barbs at US Plastics, so I will use that as well. I know the barbed fittings decrease the flow, but I have not found a way to avoid them on these two parts.
    Larry in Texas