Ms Lisa, why is your pool green?

Mar 6, 2012
I am a new pool owner. I live in Southaven, ms. Everything was all hunky dory. Until we hit the 100's. I really didn't have to shock the pool just filled up the 3inch tablets into my little floating turtle...then it started cloudy bought "super blue" used it. The result clear for a day. I vacuum my pool once a week. My pool is in full sun...All Day until about 6pm. I have been adding water about every other day about a inch,due to evaporation. Every morning I clean out the skimmer I have been backwashing every 2 days the backwash water is green, Pool water cloudy slightly green. The lady at the pool store said I was backwashing too much. My pool is on 24/7 unless a thunderstorm..I have test strips I know I need a test kit. But we are a one Income family atm... I have shocked the pool on 7/5/12 around 10 pm. Please help if you can thanks lisa

Unless you can post good test results, dealing with your cloudy water is all just guessing.

It is still just guessing with the strips and the results will be wildly inaccurate (often) but we can advise you based on what your strips say and then see what happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.