Replacement SC 48 Still High Volts

Sep 10, 2011
Yaphank, NY
Hi,

I was having a problem with my SC 48 not producing any FC. After shocking, it would not maintain FC levels. It was on its 6th season and amps were reading low (around 4.2 even at power level 3) and volts at 29. From what I gathered it was time to replace the cell, so I just replaced it with a RC 42. I set it to power level 2, 100% and am getting an amp reading varying between 6.2 and 6.5 which I believe is in the normal range, but the volts are still reading high at 29. Not sure what the problem could be. I did not replace the power cord. Also as soon as I started the pump up with the new SWG I received a warning message saying bad temp sensor? After moving the tri sensor cord around the message went away, but the salt reading doesn't seem right. I just calibrated it to 3000ppm and now it is reading 3400ppm (I did not add any salt). So I'm guessing a bad cord. My main concern however is the voltage reading of 29, from what I understand this is too high...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Water Chem

34,500 Gal
FC - 4 (adding chlorine manually to maintain)
PH - 7.3
TA - 90
CH - 160
CYA - 60
Salt - 3000

I'm using a Sta Rite System 3 Cartridge filter with Pool Pilot RC 42 cell. Run time 7 hrs.

Update:

On Boost setting:
Power Level 1 -5.0 Amps, 25 Volts (Everything normal)
Power Level 2 - 6.5 Amps, Varies between 28-29 Volts (Normal Amps/High Volts)
Power Level 3 - 6.5 Amps, 29 Volts (No change - Low Amps/Low Volts)

I'm guessing it has to be the cell cord?
I should prob replace both the cell cord and the tri-sensor cord?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.