Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What do you use to clean the white steps?

1. Back To Top    #1

What do you use to clean the white steps?

Hi,

I want to keep our white steps nice and clean and they are starting to have some waterline dirt marks from the winter and just some dirt marks on the part that isnt all the way in the water. Our top step has just an inch or two of water.

These steps are about 8 feet wide and they are the white plastic type steps that are outside the perimiter of the pool. They have two jets in the sides with a little seat.

I have no idea what to use to clean them. They are a little shiny and I don't want to scratch them. Years ago, when I had an above ground pool I used to use PH + or - (can't remember which) to clean the water line and the ladder. It worked great and took care of PH issues at the same time.

Is there a specific cleaner you can buy that works.

Nancy Figur
    Built in October 2011, 16 x 26 x 20 L shaped vinyl IG steel wall pool, Hayward DE pro grid verticle filter 4800 pool, Hayward two speed superpump, 120,000 BTU Pentair Ultra Temp Heat Pump, Aqua Rite Salt system, 8' wide walk out steps, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2 main drains, 500 watt underwater light, intermatic mechanical timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What do you use to clean the white steps?

I've had great success cleaning my steps with a Magic Eraser. Also works great on the skimmer walls.

18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

X2 on the Magic Eraser.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

X3 on the Magic Eraser. Bama just turned me on to these and they work amazingly well.
    9K gal. IG Fiberglass Pool
    1 HP Pentair SuperFlo Pump
    240 sqft. Pentair Cartridge Filter
    Non-SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

x4 on the magic eraser... It works wonderfully!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Great,

I am already a big fan and user of the Magic Eraser. I just didn't know if they would scratch the plastic. Good to know you all have success with using one.

I am so glad to have a place to go to ask all these questions.

Thanks,

Nancy Figur
    Built in October 2011, 16 x 26 x 20 L shaped vinyl IG steel wall pool, Hayward DE pro grid verticle filter 4800 pool, Hayward two speed superpump, 120,000 BTU Pentair Ultra Temp Heat Pump, Aqua Rite Salt system, 8' wide walk out steps, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2 main drains, 500 watt underwater light, intermatic mechanical timer

7. Back To Top    #7

X5 on the magic eraser. They are great for cleaning the steps and along the water line.

Spend the extra money on the "Extra Power" ones, I went through 3 boxes of the regular ones and seen the "Extra Power" ones at Home Depot and they do last 2 to 3 times longer and work like a charm.

Hope this helps

Johnny
    25.5 K, 16 X 34 Inground w/Vinyl Liner
    Pentair 1Hp Challenger Pump
    Pentair Triton II TR60 Sand Filter

Sunvalley/Dynasty "Teton" Spa
    6 Person Rounded Edge Rectangular
    375 Gallon