Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reset Easytouch low voltage breakers

1. Back To Top    #1

Reset Easytouch low voltage breakers

Greetings,

While wiring in a new relay for a valve actuator I tripped the middle 18V breaker on the easy touch control panel. It tripped when I inadvertently shorted out the relay leads coming off the panel for a brief moment (DUH!). The center breaker (marked "relay") tripped but it won't reset. I powered down and reset the breaker but when I power back up it trips again within a few seconds and won't reset. I have disconnected the offending plug so that is not shorted anymore.

I hope I am just not resetting this breaker right - if not I worry that the board may be toast. The pump is working fine but none of my relays work (obviously) without that breaker.

Any thoughts? It is too late to call Pentair tonight - I will be calling first thing in the AM.

Of course this happens as I prepare for our first ever neighborhood pool party in our pool which was completed only a few months ago. UGH!

Thanks in advance

Tom
    21K Gal Vinyl In Ground with block wall sides (Self Built with help), Pentair Easy Touch controller, Pentair Intelliflo pump, Intellichlor salt system, Clean and Clear Plus filter, SR Smith Typhoon Slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reset Easytouch low voltage breakers

Ugh - I toasted my motherboard. The Pentair tech walked me through the troubleshooting and the relay portion of the board is toast. It still runs the pump fine and all but it will not operate the valves or relays. I am such an idiot - I powered down when making my connections but tried to make an adjustment later without powering down and shorted the relay circuit out. THat should serve as a lesson to me....DUH
    21K Gal Vinyl In Ground with block wall sides (Self Built with help), Pentair Easy Touch controller, Pentair Intelliflo pump, Intellichlor salt system, Clean and Clear Plus filter, SR Smith Typhoon Slide