Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach or , liquid Sanitizer ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach or , liquid Sanitizer ?

Should i keep on using 6% bleach, or switch to sanitizer/liquid chlorine ?

What are the benefits of , Bleach Vs chlorine ?

Chlorine Vs Bleach ?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Bleach or , liquid Sanitizer ?

Bleach is liquid chlorine just at a lower concentration of 6% Sodium Hypochlorite verses 10% or 12.5% (typically) Sodium Hypochlorite for Liquid chlorine.

Benefits of LC is higher concentration, so less to carry.

Benefits of Bleach is longer shelf life and typically lower lye concentration (though this isn't really too important).

I just use whatever is cheapest, keeping in mind the different Sodium Hypochlorite concentration.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Bleach or , liquid Sanitizer ?

Have you read Pool School yet? I know in another thread of yours you said you were going to....
    here ya go-
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter