my pool store test results

FC 0.5
    CC 0
    PH 7.5
    TA 70
    CYA 10
    CH 260
    Phosphates 100

they said add 1 kg of stabilizer, i just did that, all i use is clorine and Muriatic acid, what do you guys think? how am i doing?
    30,000 gal concrete
    10ft deepend 4ft shallow
    built in 56, filter and pump in the house!!! all brass lines

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: my pool store test results

Well, if those numbers are correct, you are not too far off recommended levels. As the store suggested, you should raise you CYA up to 30-50. Also, you should try to keep your FC higher (3-5)..and this will be easier with correct CYA level.

Now, you should also understand that pool store results are not always the most accurate. It is highly recommended that you get a good test kit so you can test your own levels. I notice you are in Ontario, so I know that limits which kits you have access to.

3. Back To Top    #3

i have a test kit, does all the basics, i just took a water sample in because i was getting a bucket of chlorine came out with stabilizer as well
    30,000 gal concrete
    10ft deepend 4ft shallow
    built in 56, filter and pump in the house!!! all brass lines

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

i have a test kit, does all the basics,
    Trust your own testing. The Pool store testing is usually not as accurate as yours. Worst part is it confuses you and makes you lose confidence in your test results.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    i have a test kit, does all the basics,
    Trust your own testing. The Pool store testing is usually not as accurate as yours. Worst part is it confuses you and makes you lose confidence in your test results.
    Amen to that! I recently took 3 clean water bottles (like spring water type bottles) and grabbed samples. Put them in a black garbage bag and zipped off to 3 pool stores near each other. Three COMPLETELY different sets of numbers with three COMPLETELY different sets of recommendations - and ones that would conflict with each other as well!!

So, I'll just use my own test results!
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4