Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: looking for pictures of IGP with a very dark blue liner

1. Back To Top    #1

looking for pictures of IGP with a very dark blue liner

our pool gets a lot of sun and warms up nicely. for future liner i would like to go a bit darker to capitalize on the sun exposure.

can someone with a dark blue (the darker the better) liner share some pictures? i'm also curious about pools with black liner - probably not something i would pick, but just curious about how it looks...
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: looking for pictures of IGP with a very dark blue liner

We just installed this liner the middle of May, we like the look of the darker liner...........[attachment=1:2q5wiiv5]2012-05-23 08.02.43 (2).jpg[/attachment:2q5wiiv5][attachment=0:2q5wiiv5]2012-06-23 20.13.07 (2).jpg[/attachment:2q5wiiv5]
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Back To Top    #3

that looks nice, DeeMac. thanks for the pictures.

to be honest, i actually happened to like light liners, i really like the look of the almost white liner. but being very practical i want warmer water to float in so i want to get the darkest that would still make the pool look like a pool and not a pond. i found some pics online with black liner and they refer to it as "pond effect liner.
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

4. Back To Top    #4

We are a family of 6 and everyone seemed to like the darker ones better............I must say I have never seen a black liner.......I will have to go look that up now, but I am completely happy with my dark blue.

5. Back To Top    #5

From what i've read here the heat gain from a dark liner is very minimal.

That said i have a darker liner. Here are a bunch of pic with different lighting/time of day for you

My liner is Blue Granite which has tons of border options, it also is available in the tread tex (slightly textured vinyl liner material) material for steps and the like. If i could re-do i'd get the whole thing in tread tex as it gives really go traction but is till smooth.

18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing